Ellen Fitzgerald has been involved with horses since 1993 and has competed in English and Western competition. She started SaddleHands in 2005 because she saw the desire of the horse community to find solutions for comfort . . . both for riders and their horses.
Ellen studied with English and Western Master Saddlers and continues to study to keep up with new methods, materials, tools and saddles.
Ellen also enjoys presenting seminars on saddle fitting because she knows that the more the equine community understands about key points of comfort, the better their horse’s health and abilities. She has lectured for 4H groups, riding clubs and international conventions. Her Saddle Fitting seminar is included as a part of the regular curriculum for some Equine Massage Therapy programs.
Although many saddle companies offer training, Ellen has accumulated more hours by seeking out her own mentors, than most of these “master” programs offer. Her training has been in-depth, ongoing and bests many company education programs.
SaddleHands will not be accepting new clients effective January 2021
Certification from the following programs:
· Equine Massage, EquiTouch Systems, Inc.
· English & Western Saddle Fitting and English Saddle Flocking, Animal Dynamics, Inc.
· Foundation Saddle Fitting, Society of Master Saddlers, UK
· Saddle Fitting for Professionals, Dr. Joyce Harman, DVM
· Acupressure Level 1, Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Institute
· Where Have All the Horsemen Gone?, Dr. Regan Golob, DC
Trained with the following Master Saddlers:
· Suzie Fletcher-Baker
· Blake Kral
· David May, UK
· Andrew Sankey, UK