We have all thrown around the T word since we became cognizant of saddles. Mostly we talk about whether we like a narrow or wide twist. Hmmmmm… have we ever considered the horse we are riding in this conversation? Not very often. Just what IS a twist? The twist is actually supposed to accommodate the […]
Tag Archives | colorado saddle fitter
As a professional saddle fitter, I have found that some companies’ saddles work better than others. Is this to say that I won’t work with others? Not at all! I often see and work with saddles that fit a particular horse really well but they are saddles that have a very limited range of horses […]
Most of us in the states with winters start thinking about saddle fit in early Spring. Not a bad thought… the saddle probably needs a little tune-up and the weather is tugging at us to start thinking about Summer! Here’s food for thought though. At least once in your horse’s show career, think about having […]
If you have worked with me or read my articles you probably know my answer… “It Depends”. There are differing levels of trainer involvement for each one of us so there are different considerations for their involvement in your saddle selection. If you take lessons and very occasionally the trainer hops on your horse to […]
The SaddleFitter’s Brain
- My Trainer Says My Saddle Fits…
- If I Buy the Saddle that Champions Ride In, Will I Be a Champion Too?
- Who is my client… you or your horse?
- Tree vs. Treeless Saddles and Rider Pressure: Objective Study Performed at Michigan State University
- A Company Changing the English Saddle Biz
- What’s in a Twist?
- Saddle Recommendations
- Post Show Season Saddle Evaluations
- Your Horse’s Weight Change and Saddle Fit